[Vision2020] Fairness Doctrine & That Crooked Tom Delay!!

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Sat Apr 30 13:23:53 PDT 2005

Tim et. al.

What is the point of misleading V2020 subscribers with a subject heading that
does not describe the content of your post?

I assume you are implying that Senator Clinton should also be the focus of
media attention for misdeeds of a similar kind to those that Tom Delay is now
the focus of?  Or are you being sarcastic, implying Clinton is a scoundrel, and
Tom Delay is not?

By the way, you conveniently ignored my V2020 post where I pointed out that
the dismantling of the Fairness Doctrine during the Reagan administration, a
doctrine regulating political advertising in the media, has had a profound
negative effect on assuring political advertising offers both sides of political
issues.  We were discussing whether or not there have been profound changes in
the media in the past 50 years that are negatively impacting information flow
to the public on political issues.  You claimed there have not been any
profound changes in the structure of the media that are negatively impacting "fair
and balanced" political information flow.  I claimed the opposite.  The
dismantling of the Fairness Doctrine by Reagan's FCC, a goal Reagan himself promoted,
appears to me to support my thesis that there have been profound changes in
the media impacting political information presented to the public.

Well?

There is some effort to reinstate the Fairness Doctrine.  Read info on this
topic at this site:

http://www.altpressonline.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=278

Ted Moffett