[Vision2020] Public Education & Development

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Sat Apr 30 10:48:40 PDT 2005

Donovan et. al.

Given that the proposed new high school was not planned comprehensively
according to the goals of what some call "smart growth," at least as far as I could
determine, I seriously considered voting against it.  But the planning phase
for the proposed new high school was intended to include public input after
the levy vote.  I will assume this means that public input could alter how the
high school would be built?  That a discussion regarding an open or closed
campus, or traffic problems, could still be on the table?

However, it seems to me that before the public voted on the levy, MSD should
have allowed a lot more public input and discussion to address all voter
concerns.  With individuals standing on street corners holding signs asserting they
were against the "prison school," MSD obviously needed a better public
relations campaign to counter the extreme spin coming from some citizens.

Ted Moffett