[Vision2020] Re: Latah County Planning Commission Agenda

Bruce and Jean Livingston jeanlivingston at turbonet.com
Thu Apr 28 14:51:16 PDT 2005

I have a request of Latah County.  I have appreciated the effort at
transparency and publication of advance notice of meetings, particularly the
Planning Commission and Zoning Commission agendas.  However, it has troubled
me for the entire time that I have diligently read those items, because far
too often I found myself thinking that I didn't really know what was on the
agenda.  Not enough information is provided to truly put the public on
notice of what is scheduled to be discussed, in many though not all
instances.

For example, it is obvious that the May 3 Zoning Commission meeting will
discuss revisions to the proposed regulation of the draft land use ordinance
provision affecting animal husbandry and horses.  That is transparent and
useful.  Kudos!

However, more typical in my experience is Item 6 on the same agenda.
"Moscow & Other Areas of Impact."  What does that mean?  How is the public
to discern what is to be discussed?  It is far too general and broad to be
useful.

I would appreciate it if more effort were made to give sufficient details in
publicly disseminated agendas so that the public will actually be alerted to
what the pertinent Commission intends to discuss.

On a related note, I have not found minutes of meetings on the web for the
Planning Commission or the Zoning Commission.  If I have missed them, and
they are publicly posted to the County's web site, I would appreciate an
assist on how to find them.  It seems to me that it would be desirable to
have minutes of meetings posted, and that to be useful, the minutes ought
not suffer from the same level of generality as the agendas sometimes
suffer.

Bruce Livingston