[Spam] [Vision2020] something for the table

Shelly CJs at Turbonet.com
Thu Apr 28 11:22:28 PDT 2005

Aaron - thank goodness you are out here thinking for us and voicing the same
things I have been stating.

Please see my previous post. What do you think?

Great minds do think alike.

Phil

-------Original Message-------

From: aaron ament
Date: 04/28/05 10:36:24
To: vision2020 at moscow.com
Subject: [Spam] [Vision2020] something for the table

visionaries,

    let me second mr. rigsby's sentiments.  as of 8:01 tuesdsay it was time
to put away past disagreements and move on.
    i am one of the liberals in moscow that voted against the recent MSD
bond.
    i would like to offer an alternate plan, one that addresses my issues.
    grade configuration is not a facilities issue.  keep it separate.
    make a commitment to the schools we have.  spend the maintenance dollars
according to the maintenance schedule.  make sure that all safety issues, in
all schools are identified and addressed.  make sure all schools are capable
of utilizing appropriate technology.
    do the remodels proposed for the elementary schools and remodel the high
school within its current footprint.
    condemn all the property surrounding the high school, with the exception
of the beautiful brick church on the s.e. corner.  the west side of the
block could accommodate at least limited physical activity and the rest of
the added area would become a green campus.
    all of the schools should use passive solar water heating,
have solar panels for electricity, and wind power where feasible.
    turn the third floor of the 1912 center into a science annex if upgrades
to present spaces proves impractical.
    i voted against what i thought was plan for the 1950's.  give me
something built for the 2050's and i will gladly pay the cost.

aaron "citizen" ament