[Vision2020] A silent majority that speaks through Burt Sid?

joanopyr at earthlink.net joanopyr at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 27 09:13:58 PDT 2005

I'm always puzzled by posts to Vision 2020 about a "silent majority" on this list -- a majority that apparently chooses to "speak" in oxymoronic fashion through people like Burt Sid and Phil Roderick.  And I'm amused, frankly, by Roderick's  and Sid's assertions that they have "secret" Vision 2020 fan clubs, i.e., large but undefined numbers of people who are too intimidated to post publicly, instead choosing to share their "silent majority" opinions with a loose-lipped loose cannon and a bad-tempered, anti-public education, stink bomb know-it-all.

The last person I can recall making the "secret fan club claim" on this list was Doug Jones, Pastor Doug Wilson's capo in Christ Church.  Jones told us he recieved dozens of private posts, all telling him what a fine job he was doing holding the fort against the forces of evil.  Right.  Even if I believed Jones -- or Roderick or Sid -- what would I care?  I'll take nine good people with the courage to make their opinions known publicly, who state their views and take their hits, over a chickenshit (and quite possibly imaginary) silent majority any day of the week.  I want the Intoleristas, the Nasty Nine, and the blissfully unafraid with me in my fox hole, not the pants-peeing throng that Phil and Burt seem so proud to claim as their own.  You can keep your silent majority, gentlemen; in the end, you'll find that it's no use asking them to man the barricades.  They always run whenenver a car backfires.

BTW, I wonder just how many private posts Roderick and Sid receive per day?  Would they care to compare notes?  It's show time, boys!  Slap 'em up on the table -- because no matter what you've got in your pocket, mine is bound to be bigger, longer, and uncut.  As the late Justin Wilson used to say, "I guar-ahn-tee it."

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.auntie-establishment.com