[Vision2020] MSD Salaries and Jack Wenders' advertisement

Dan Carscallen predator75 at moscow.com
Mon Apr 25 06:34:03 PDT 2005

Saundra says:
"My initial reaction to the above part of your post was:  OK, so taking
at face value Wenders' figure of $15 million annual compensation for MSD
employees, then what . . . we just don't pay anyone for two years???

I know that sounds flip, but really:  how does looking at salaries of
individual MSD employees tell us if there's any fat to be trimmed that
can help our facilities issues?  Or, am I missing something obvious
(which wouldn't be the first time, that's for sure)?  Salaries, I think,
make up the biggest chunk of the budget, which is as it should be,
right, particularly in the field of public education?"

Gimme some credit . . . I know the whole salary thing was bogus.  Hell,
I know many and I'm even related to a few MSD employees, and I know for
damn sure they don't make near what Mr. Wenders said, especially that
"annualized" amount, which has to be the biggest dog and pony show
outside Barnum & Bailey's.

All I'm saying is, I see his point.  Obviously I don't agree with how he
presented it.

DC