[Vision2020] not overspending

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 25 00:21:07 PDT 2005

"These data show MSD's current spending per student in average daily
attendance to be $8141. However, this figure underestimates the cost for MSD
because it includes both the traditional public schools and Moscow's
charters. Because the charter schools are more efficient, when they are
removed from the data MSD's current spending per student is about $8240."

First of all there is only one in-town charter school, Moscow Charter.

Secondly, the only other in-town charter school, Renaissance Charter, was
put out of business last year by the State due to its inability to be
fiscally efficient as well as being unable to provide any kind of quality
education for the kids.

The third charter school that is operating in Moscow is Idaho Virtual
Academy - and its Federal funding just got taken away this last month - due
to inefficiency and inability to provide adequate education to the kids.

All of this has been covered by and is on the State of Idaho Board of
Education and the newly created Idaho Charter School Commission web sites.