[Vision2020] Donovan, Phil: Sit on your hands.

joanopyr at earthlink.net joanopyr at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 25 00:19:53 PDT 2005

Dear Visionaries,

A few days ago, I switched from MSN to Earthlink, and one of the new features that I'm most enjoying is Spam-blocker.  So far, no messages from "Tiberius Erectus" or "Barnyard Gal" have wormed their way through to my inbox.  I also -- for the sake of my blood pressure -- have once again added Donovan and Phil to my Bozo filter.  Ah, the sweet relief!

But I just noticed that I get an update from Spam-blocker every day that lets me know just what it is that I've missed.  And what did I miss today?  Well, 16 posts from Phil Roderick, and 7 from Donovan Arnold.

Boys, we Visionaries have long abided (or tried to abide) by a two to three posts per day rule.  Why?  Courtesy.  Modesty.  The practice of that essential virtue, thinking before typing.  And, if nothing else, pity for those with slow dial-up connections.  Thanks to Bozo, I don't get your posts, so it's no skin off my nose if you want to clog the inboxes of the other 700-odd Vision 2020 subscribers with your perpetual posting, but I would invite you to consider that 1) you're begging to be added to every "block sender" file on this list, and 2) that it probably wouldn't hurt you to "save it up" and let it fly only two or three times per day.  Then, what you have to spew . . . er, say . . . might actually have some impact.

Clearly, you both have a case of the Internet runs, so what I'm proposing is that you take a little cyber-Immodium.  You'll feel better, smell better, and be better correspondents.

Yours sincerely,

Dr. Mom

PS: Don't answer me back.  I've Bozo'd you, remember?