[Vision2020] St. Maries School Facility improvements

John Dickinson johnd at moscow.com
Sun Apr 24 17:38:38 PDT 2005

Donovan,

The issues surrounding the St Mary's expansion were much more involved that
a simple height variance. For me the issue that needed the most attention
was the separation and buffering of dis-similar uses within that residential
zone. One issue that I am certain played absolutely no part in anyone’s mind
was religion. I’m insulted to hear this brought up. I am sure my council
partners are also insulted. While rumors of recalls began shortly after this
decision, I am quite comfortable with what happened. I understand news plans
are under discussion and I look forward to a solution to St Mary’s expansion
that will benefit the community as a whole.

The question that each person needs to ask themselves, as they decide how to
vote on Tuesday, is which future will benefit the community more – a new
high school and remodeled elementary schools or the status quo. Those who
believe that 10 or 25 years from now things will be better off without these
improvements should vote that way. I believe that the bond should pass, I
believe that future is better for the community, and in the secret ballot
box on Tuesday that is how I will vote.

John

hell

> is that bothering, the flight path of a little sparrow? And what was it

> costing the taxpayer? Nothing. Yet they turned it down. Stupid. Punishing

> kids for no reason. The city would move a mountain or fill in a lake for a

> public school. But it will not rewrite a code for two feet to  improve

> facilities for children at a religious school. This is what is insane and

> unfair. This is the type of biased behavior our community engages in. And
it

> is sad. And it is why, according to a report released by the city, that
50%

> of people in Moscow believe that religions are not tolerated in the

> community.

> Take Care,

> Donovan J Arnold

> >From: "keely emerinemix" <kjajmix1 at msn.com>

> >To: donovanarnold at hotmail.com, vision2020 at moscow.com

> >Subject: RE: [Vision2020] St. Maries School Facility improvements

> >Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 08:39:00 -0700

> >We have now reached a new low in the debate . . .

> >Lord, Lord.  I'm afraid I can't tackle this one without my head spinning.

> >keely

> >From: "Donovan Arnold" <donovanarnold at hotmail.com>

> >To: vision2020 at moscow.com

> >Subject: [Vision2020] St. Maries School Facility improvements

> >Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 05:00:01 -0700

> >I wonder why it is that the same people that are pushing for the

> >improvements of MSD facilities were so opposed to the facilities

> >improvements of St. Maries which has far worse facilities then MSD.

> >Apparently the religion of the child is a factor when saying "Yes to
Kids".