[Vision2020] Clarification

cjs cjs at turbonet.com
Sat Apr 23 18:30:12 PDT 2005

Phil,

If you could post a clarification please, I would appreciate it.

I am not a “state inspector”.  I am a third-party independent inspector.

While my reports are sent to the Building Official and that the Building Official has every right to accept or refuse to allow me to work in his/her jurisdiction, I am employed by either an independent testing agency or, in my particular case, work as an independent inspector who contracts for specific projects.  Lately, Fish and Game.  Before that, the new Home Depot in Sandpoint under Kleinfelder and a working vacation in CA last year during the summer for my old company there.

There are substantial differences between the third party inspection that I perform and working as part of the Building department, whether it is a state or a local municipality.

Thanks!

Paul Duffau