[Vision2020] D.N. editorial

cjs cjs at turbonet.com
Sat Apr 23 11:09:10 PDT 2005

PEOPLE WE ARE NOT GETTING OUR ANSWERS......Phil

Not a true 'donation'

I have some reservations regarding the upcoming school bond. There seems to be some questions that are going unanswered.
One of my questions is what will the school district (taxpayer) be paying for the 10 acres of Trail property? When I contacted the school district they informed me the architect allotted $23,000 per acre. Using this math the 10 acres would come to $230,000. This seems like more of a sales price for 40 acres rather than 10. I now can understand how the Trails can afford to "donate" the remaining 30 acres.

A true donation would be to donate the entire 40 acres. Why not call it what it truly is, a sale of 40 acres with stipulations.

Matt Virgil, Moscow