[Vision2020] He scorns to suckle at the public teat?

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Apr 23 06:45:29 PDT 2005

Yes, Ladies and Gentlemen -

With Joan's confession, it can be said.  Right here.  Right now. On Vision
2020.

Joan Opyr is, in fact, the reincarnation of "Calamity Jane".

So, without further delay, May I introduce publicly for the first time:

CALAMITY JOAN

Yes.  That no-holes-barred, wise-cracking, despised critic of the ethically
challenged.

Calamity Joan.

By day, she assumes the identity of Joan Opyr; mild, meak, warm and fuzzy .
. . uh . . . er . . . mmmm . . . who the HELL am I kidding . . .

Joan Opyr is Calamity Joan, okay?  Live with it.

As Calamity Joan she does tend to target those V2020 subscribers whos
contributions to key community issues (i.e. the school bond) have no more
impact or value than (as Senator Alan Simpson once said) "a sparrow's fart
in an F-5 tornado".

So, Mr. Arnold, you would do best if you simply conducted yourself in the
same manner as those many, many others that resided in the cross-hairs of
Calamity Joan's angst:  run and hide.

This has been a public service announcement.

Take care, Moscow.

Tom Hansen

PS to Jennifer McFarland - When you do arrest Calamity Joan, be kind.  And
of ALL things:  Avoid eye contact.  Maintain a minimum of six paces away
from Calamity.  She can smell fear.

We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some are
dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors....but they all
exist very nicely in the same box.