[Vision2020] How MSD will pay for the operation of two High Schools

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 22 20:28:40 PDT 2005

Keely,

I want to ask that you please listen to people and what they are saying and
not assume you know that they are going to say.

I asked the proponents of the levy how they were going to pay for the
operation of of two high school buildings. Their answer was that it would be
paid for with the renting of the 1991 Annex and money made off the the
energy savings of the new two elementary schools.

When I said that would cover the costs, I was being sarcastic.

So I am glad that you admit now that the school will be smaller per student
and we have not yet identified the source of revenue to operate and maintain
the new school.

You might not think that having enough money to operate a school is
important issue, I think it is. I am willing to bet others will find it
important as well.

I also am willing to bet that many people are also concerned about the
prospect of removing our downtown school and replacing it with an big
overcrowded one outside of town.
Yes, the school will be big, four grades on forty acres. But the buildings
will offer less space per student then the current school with 3 grades.

Take Care,

Donovan J Arnold