[Vision2020] Noam Chomsky: No Dave, I lose!

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 21 17:51:53 PDT 2005

Ted,

My understanding of this was that Chomsky co-authored a paper with a guy
that was a Khmer Rouge sympathizer. Some people wrote about the paper and
thus, in their minds, Chomsky supported the atrocities of Pol Pot. Khmer
Rouge was able to over through the existing government and Chomsky said that
was a good thing that the old government fell. To anti-Chomsky supporters
the overthrown of one government is seen as an automatic endorsement of the
overthrowing government. This is just not true. I support the toppling of
the Nazi Reich, but I am certainly am no supporter of Stalin.

Take Care,

Donovan J Arnold