[Vision2020] Thank you Mike and Keely

Timothy Rigsby timo5277 at uidaho.edu
Wed Apr 20 11:38:49 PDT 2005

We all owe Mike and Keely a lot of thanks on calming the waters on this forum.

Mike appears to be a very intelligent person who has sat on the sides long enough.  Thank you mike for writing not only in support of the bond but also in support of Keely and the other public officials who have worked tiredly to facilitate this levy.

Keely deserves a rather large aspirin for all of the grief she has put up with from a few select individuals who have no vested interest (children in schools) in this levy.  She has worked hard as a public official to do what she feels is right.  When was the last time George Bush did something that he felt was right that half of America disagreed with?  Just because Keely is your elected official does not mean she must do everything you tell her to do.  If I paid money to enter CJ's and purchased a few beers, could I tell Phil to sing Kareoke in drag?  I paid my way in so does that guarantee me the opportunity to see Phil sing in drag?

Mike brings up Hummels work on Boise High School.  I attended BHS and was around when Hummel was working on the remodel.  There were people on both sides of the issue of tearing the school down and rebuilding elsewhere, and people who supported a remodel.  The reason the remodel went through instead of a rebuild is because of the aesthetic of tearing down one of the oldest buildings in Idaho in one of the oldest neighborhoods in the state.  Hummel did excellent work on the design and maintained the original feel.  Did I support the remodel of BHS, yes of course.  Not many people were opposed to the remodel at that time.  The parking situation, facilities issues, and ADA requirements were not nearly as bad at BHS as they are at MHS.

So I will ask Phil one more time to remain civil, there is no need for people to be ignorant or just downright silly.  Last I checked, everyone involved in discussion of this levy is/was an adult.  So lets act like adults instead of junior high students.