[Vision2020] answers....answers.....answers

Mark Seman FCS at Moscow.com
Wed Apr 20 01:04:04 PDT 2005

Ya'll should look at Idaho Code, Title 67, Chapter 23 to learn how the
selection process is governed.  What you won't learn is how the process is
flawed, how it can be manipulated and how it inhibits community
development - that takes years of training and practice.

Mark

Mark Seman, Architect
Heather Seman, Landscape Architect
1404 East 'F' Street  Moscow, Idaho 83843
v 208-883-3276 / f 208-883-0112

-----Original Message-----
From: vision2020-bounces at moscow.com
[mailto:vision2020-bounces at moscow.com]On Behalf Of cjs
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 9:26 PM
To: Vision2020 at moscow.com
Subject: [Vision2020] answers....answers.....answers

I do see I have received 2 answers today:

1) First, there was no competition for the architect.  I wonder how many
architects were consulted and interviewed for this project?  Sounds like one
(1).

2) Second, that in all probability, MSD has no idea exactly what it is
buying. They dont have quantity or quality estimates, just a raw number.
The location is not set in stone and, for a project that is 2-3 years in the
future, they have a 5% contingency fund. With the architects own numbers we
would be over 10% short before we even start construction. Plus or minus a
point or two. Either way.

Phil Roderick

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com