[Vision2020] Pope Benedict XVI: One Giant Step Backwards for Humankind

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 19 11:42:29 PDT 2005

I know the media is going to make Cardinal Ratzinger appear as a nice man.
But as a Catholic, I think this was a horrible move in trying to unite the
church and bring it forward into the 21st Century.

I do not know if Ratzinger as Pope will be different then as a Cardinal but
I PRAY to God he is.

Ratzinger is very conservative. He is strongly opposed to homosexuals,
priests marrying, birth control even in Africa, and allowing women in the
Priesthood. He also did nothing about the child abuse scandal in Boston and
allowed Cardinal Law to remain as a Cardinal in Rome.

This is a very disappointing move and clearly a political move considering
Ratzinger's campaigning at his last Homily and that he was the most powerful
Cardinal.

I really hope this guy moves to the left real fast or many Europeans and
Americans are going to be leaving the church.

Many Americans and Europeans are not going to like a guy who covers up
pedophilia as their Pope and 66% of US Catholics disagree with him on the
key issues.

Ratzinger has preached for a smaller more conservative church. He may get
it.

We can only pray.

Take Care,

Donovan J Arnold