[Spam] [Vision2020] Security Fence

Timothy Rigsby timo5277 at uidaho.edu
Thu Apr 14 18:25:37 PDT 2005

Phil:

Show me where it says that 8 feet tall is considered security.  I have installed fences
since I was 10 years old and have never come across anything written in stone that
defines a security fence as being something taller than 8 feet.  Most city building
codes do not allow any fence to be built over 6 feet tall.  Special circumstances do
apply however.  Check with the commercial building inspector to find out for sure.

Where are the bids you ask?  Well, Phil, again you are asking the wrong people.  Try
the school district or the architects they are the people in charge of design.

Again, define security fence as written either in the sale of the land as you put it
or somewhere else written in stone.  Do not provide people with what you would
consider an security fence.  Show me where it is place in stone that security fence
is 8 feet tall and I will show you literally hundreds of fences I worked on over
the years that are not 8 feet tall.  Even some of those were commercial jobs.

No, I will not call Dr. Donicht about this because I am not concerned about what this
school is going to cost.  I am concerned about the health and wellness of our future.
I could care less if the fence is 6 feet or 8 feet tall, all I want is the students to
learn in a safe and appropriate environment complete with everything that a high school
should have in the 21st century.