[Vision2020] School Bond *Insanity*!

Saundra Lund sslund at adelphia.net
Wed Apr 13 22:31:15 PDT 2005

Good grief!  I don't know what's happened to people, but I'm finding myself
*very* sad for my community and for V2020.

As has been said too many times to count, good people can and do disagree
about this levy, but you sure wouldn't know it from reading the posts here
and on some unnamed web sites.  Sheesh!

There have been more than a few good questions asked -- and answered -- on
V2020 regarding the upcoming school *facilities* (not text books or more
teachers or pay or programs or special education services, but *facilities*)
levy, but the conversation has taken a (or many) very disappointing turn.
It seems to me there's *very little educating* going on with many posts
recently.  We have -- or had -- an excellent opportunity to learn about the
various aspects of *all* (yes, there are more than just two) sides of the
issue, and it's being *squandered*, folks!

Instead of focusing on the pros and cons of the levy issue, the "debate" (a
word which I'm loath to use to describe some of the posts here, not to
mention the sheer ***lunacy***(!) I've seen on more than one web site) by a
vocal few has ceased to have any productive value other than showing how
desperate some people are.

For the first time in my *long* Internet history, I'm using Bozo filters.
This saddens me, but I honestly don't need to read the inane and shameful
attacks by some to help me decide what I think is best for our future --
quite the contrary.  Questions & answers are what I'm interested in, not
juvenile attacks or lunatic conspiracy theories or other such nonsense.

I find it ironic & incredibly disappointing that a discussion about our
community's educational facilities has turned into what I've read the last
few days on V2020.  Quite frankly, from some of the nonsense I've read, a
few of your have been pushed 'round the bend.  I urge some of you to
*honestly* examine your motives for such repeated public displays.
Regardless of where you genuinely fall on the issue, you aren't presenting
logical, reasoned, or thoughtful arguments and responses.  To put it
bluntly, you are looking like crackpots.

I strongly *urge* everyone to look back at their posts over the last week or
so with a critical eye.  For some of us, it will be an easy examination --
this time  ;-)

But for others, take the opportunity and actually *learn* something from
your methods!  Are you proud of your public behavior on V2020?  Would those
you care about -- & who care about you -- be proud of every word you've
posted?  Do you think you've been effective at what you were attempting?
What could you have done differently that would have been more effective?
Do you see instances where you would have been more effective had you *not*
posted something or sent it privately?

Which leads me to something I've wanted to point out for awhile:  just
because this is a community discussion forum doesn't mean that *everything*
you have to say *must* be posted here.  Sometimes, it's more appropriate to
respond to people *privately,* particularly when bickering!  Good grief!
Didn't those who raised you teach you anything about how to respond -- even
to those with whom you disagree --  with basic human dignity and respect?!?!

If anyone is wondering if my comments are directed towards themselves, well
. . . IF THE SHOE FITS, then WEAR IT!  Good grief!

Please, folks, let's get back to asking our *genuine* questions about the
upcoming levy.  If you're hooked into the bickering & attacks rather than
the facilities bond, *please* take it off-list so those of us who are
*genuinely* trying to learn can do so -- or at least change the dang Subject
line so those of us interested in the specifics of the *facilities* bond can
skip your embarrassing public displays.

Sheesh!

Most Sincerely,
Saundra Lund