[Vision2020] With gas at $2.50 a gallon it is time to cut Crosswalk numbers

Darrell Keim keim at moscow.com
Mon Apr 11 15:20:23 PDT 2005

At 02:50 PM 4/11/2005, you wrote:
>Message: 1
>Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 13:23:57 -0700
>From: "Dick Schmidt" <dickschmidt at moscow.com>
>Subject: [Vision2020] With gas at $2.50 a gallon it is time to cut
>       Crosswalk     numbers
Dick,
         An excellent idea!

         I think we should take it to the next level. People, the time has
come to do away with all stoplights and stop signs. Think what we could do
with the gas and time saved.

         In fact, lets make it illegal to stop a car. We'll just have them
constantly running. This will save us from cold starts-a highly inefficient
time. We will also save because of the vehicles momentum as it keeps moving.

         How to get in? Easy-run and jump!

         Get out? Jump!

         Much like we did a few years back with the topless car washes,
Moscow could gain nationwide attention for this insightful and original
thinking.