[Vision2020] if it keeps on rainin', the levy's gonna break

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 8 18:52:44 PDT 2005

Julie C.,

"It is not uncommon for towns to have more than one set of playing fields in
the same district."

Yes, but they are more than 1/4 mile apart. These towns usually have a
larger tax base, and are bigger towns. BTW, the fields that are at the
Junior High were build for the HS also. They worked just fine for us, and
there were more of us, and don't say football takes more room or a mile is
longer.

"My class, however, did not have enough parking.  I am not sure what you
consider enough, but parking five blocks away past the public library was
not what I consider front door parking."

Oh Please, You are either kidding or just spoiled rotten! All the people
between 1938 and until your class got there walked if we were within 1/2
mile of the school.  And you know East City Park is just four blocks north
and always has parking.  If you live more then 1/2 a mile away, take the
bus. Asking people to pay $29 million because you do not want to take a bus
is very selfish. What are you going to do when you go to college?

  "I would think it would be a relief to homeowners nearby also to not have
to deal with the constant (and not so well) parked cars in front of their
homes. "

So you are going to start walking or taking the bus then? Or you want the
taxpayers to pay $29 million so you do not have to walk 5 blocks?

You think there might be a way to solve the lack of exercise of students and
parking space problem without making Latah the highest taxed county in the
state? Any ideas?

I will back levies that solve problems of education, like no books,
computers, small classrooms, or floorboards cracking. But what you are
really saying is you want to raise rents on the poor because you have to
walk five blocks to school. That is just wrong.

Take Care,

Donovan J Arnold