[Spam] [Vision2020] if it keeps on rainin', the levy's gonna break

Shelly CJs at Turbonet.com
Fri Apr 8 17:26:52 PDT 2005

Hi Julie,

Thank you for all the wonderful information. I too am in favor of PE for our
High School kids except that cannot be the issue TODAY because it is only an
elected class. No - wait a minute. Is it? Or Isn't it? This is a discussion
for another day I think IF it is an elective course. Unless, it is in this
levy as costs for PE and it is an elective course then we need to think
about either of two things.
1) As an "elective" course is it in our interest as tax payers to pay for a
NON elective course?
2) Or maybe get it to vote for PE to become a requirement to graduate. 1
year, 2 years or all years. You know like Math, reading and writing, etc.

Again, I am in all favor for what the basics are for PE. No - I don't think
fly fishing and camping are basics nor vigorous activities. But another day.

By your train of thought and analogy we need to plan and build a school that
maybe, possible in the future, somehow is able to handle 50,000 students or
more? Julie, this sounds ridiculous. You can only plan for the here and now
and SOMEWHAT future. Oh - if you look at the enrollment for MHS you will see
enrollment declining every year. Maybe we should build the buildings
smaller? If we were to go off that. I would leave this up to the pros to
figure out the potential growth and Moscow ratio to possible students. I
dunnnnooooo.

Phil Roderick