[Vision2020] Vote NO on the school levy

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 6 14:06:46 PDT 2005

Ok, you have some good questions but I have a few for you - where have you
been all these months that this has been on the table?  Have you attended
any of the School Board Meetings where these questions could have been/may
have been brought up for answers?  Do you take part in ANY of the School
Board meetings throughout the year?  There is one scheduled each and every
month, usually around the 25th of the month.  See you there?

What really bothers me is that some people wait until the 11th hour to get
their questions asked, much less answered.  It's not like any of this has
been hidden.  Get involved with your schools NOW; don't wait until a vote or
an issue comes to a head.  Visit the schools, talk to the teachers, talk to
your kids, call the Board members, call the District Office - DO SOMETHING
positive and get the information before you advocate for one side or
another.

Also, a lot of your questions could be answered by you calling the County
Assessors Office.  Again, this would require YOU doing some of the work, but
since YOU are the one asking...seems only fair.

And finally, would you want your child in a good school building that does
not have to continually be band-aided or one that will last a great deal
longer?  Last I heard and saw, VW's quit a whole lot sooner than a Mercades,
even after a whole lot of "extra" costs are poured into it.  Keeping up with
the Jones does not mean the same as keeping up with the rest of the world -
we're talking education here, not who has the brightest new toy.