[Vision2020] North Carolina takes it all!

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 5 11:43:49 PDT 2005

Dear "Duke" Livingston,

Ah, yes, Duke . . . the best university money can buy.  Tobacco money, that is.  What I especially like about Duke is how it was designed to look like Oxford University; workmen were paid to sand down the centers of Duke's stone steps so that they'd have that "genuine" medieval feel.  (And you must just adore your most famous alumna, Senator Elizabeth "Liddy" Dole.  She's such a peach!  Ugh!)

Duke, with its Yankee professors, Yankee students, and Yankee basketball coach.  Duke with its "Harvard: The Duke of the North" T-shirts.  Duke, with that little box on its admissions applications that asks "Would you still be able to attend if you did not receive financial aid?"  I believe that box is in the shape of a garbage can, isn't it?  Fie on Duke!

When does a proud graduate of NCSU love the Tarheels?  Only when they win the NCAA.  The rest of the time, we Wolfpack fans know that the only classes offered at Chapel Hill are in Marxist Theory and how to roll a nice, tight joint.

Cracker?  Well, I crack me up, if that's what you mean.  I'm a laughing-on-the-outside kind of clown.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.auntie-establishment.com