[Vision2020] Moscow, growth, and MHS (was School Levy)

tbertruss at aol.com tbertruss at aol.com
Mon Apr 4 16:49:05 PDT 2005

Joan et. al.

Joan wrote:

 >>Traffic congestion?  That's when you're the fourth car in line at the stoplight on Third and Jackson.

Joan, sometimes with your style of humor it is hard to tell if you are joking or not. But perhaps you have not been driving in Moscow at rush hour lately.  Moscow has developed traffic jams far more than just being the fourth car in line at Third and Jackson.  You are joking, it must be.  Because at various tight flow points for traffic in Moscow you can be backed up ten to twenty cars and sit through several cycles of red green red green light changes.  Of course this is small time compared to a complete stop on a 6 lane freeway in Los Angeles.  But I would rather stop the development of traffic jams getting any worse here than just going along with such developments because it is not as bad as LA.  I don't even want to use major urban areas as a reference point.  The way major urban areas of the USA have developed should never have happened in the first place.

Ted Moffett