[Vision2020] Doug Wilson again

Bill London london at moscow.com
Fri Apr 1 12:01:26 PST 2005

Doug Wilson, that funny guy, is at it again.
His April Fools joke this year is posted at his website (www.dougwils.com) today (see below).
He claims in this post to have purchased the Moscow Food Co-op.  The Co-op is owned by its 3,500 members, not some shadowy multinational corporation he guided to a corporate takeover.
Doug is not a Co-op member, so he doesn't even own a tiny portion of the Co-op.  It's just his attempt at "funny."
I would like to remind Doug that there are two kinds of funny.  Funny as in "hah, hah, good joke" and funny as in quite peculiar.
He's sliding well into the peculiar category with this one.
BL

Big News
Topic: Current Events

Now that the papers are all signed, and my attorney says that there is nothing that can be done about it, I suppose this would be a good time to announce that through the generous help of a third party my wife and I have bought the Moscow Food Coop. For me to have been involved in the negotiations publicly would have been obviously counterproductive, but now that the deal is done, I think there is no longer any sense in being coy. At the same time, despite local politics, I want to assure all the regular Food Coop customers that there is absolutely no intention of selling the Coop's new downtown location to Christ Church, or of diminishing in any way the quality of service that our customers have come to expect.

Posted by Douglas Wilson - 4/1/2005 1:16:54 PM