[Vision2020] from Corvallis: Pres White and UI athletics

A UI Alumnus thansen at moscow.com
Thu Sep 30 13:39:31 PDT 2004

It wasn't the move to Division 1A that caused problems with our football
program.  How soon everyone forgets Idaho's win over Southern Mississippi in
the 1998 Humanitarian Bowl (as 14-point underdogs).  It was the coaching.
Chris Tormey went on to Nevada and fizzled as a coach (after a couple fantastic
seasons at Idaho, with the Humanitarian Bowl victory).  Then came Tom Cable and
the Vandals went 8-29.  After losing to the boys from Boise four consecutive
times, the powers that be saw the light and released Cable, picking up Nick
Holt.  I seriously believe that when Coach Holt turns the football program
around, alot of you will be speaking out of the other side of your mouth, huh?

Tom Hansen
UI '96 (Mgmt Info
Sys)