[Vision2020] Hybrid Sales UP!

Tom thansen at moscow.com
Wed Sep 29 13:40:16 PDT 2004

I agree totally.  It has been a race for some time now.

Who can design the hottest looking, fuel efficient car?

There are some of us (I am sure) that can remember the sixties and the hot
looking gashogs of that decade.

Who can forget the 1966 Ford Mustang Boss 302?  The 1967 Chevelle Malibu 4-
barrel 367?  Those were hot babe magnets.  Of course, gas averaged between $.28
and $.32 per gallon.  I remember when you could fill up a tank for $5.

OPEC changed all that as gas prices climbed steadily and people had to dig
deepr into their pockets to keep thos hot cars on the road.  Firts it was the
Japanese who brough over small, fuel efficent cars.  Remember the 1970 Toyota
Corolla?  Public transportation became more and more popular.

Now turn your clocks ahead to the present.  Current oil prices are roughly
$50.00 per barrel and expected to break $60.00 before too long.  Yesterday
(9/28/2004) regular unleaded sold for $2.01 a gallon.  Today it sells for
$2.05.

I now figure that the closest I am going to get to my dream car of yesteryear
(a fire engine red 1966 Plymouth Road Runner) is next summer's HOt August NIght
Car Rally in Lewiston.

Oh, well, at least my Geo Metro is running nicely.

Tom
Hansen