[Vision2020] Three Cornerstones of Bush's Appeal

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Mon Sep 27 21:12:48 PDT 2004

Donovan et. al.

Bush's appeal is such that an intelligent, sensitive and compassionate,
religiously open minded approach in his opponent guarantees defeat!  Why?  The
three cornerstones of Bush''s appeal to the American people are, according to one
political wonk I read:  anti-intellectualism (don't explore complexities and
express nuance: Good vs. Evil, Good vs. Evil...), machoism (better avoid
appearing too tearful or regretful too often about the death of innocent children
and others in Iraq), and evangelical religion (Kerry thinks too much for himself
and is not a religious "true believer," because he is pro-choice, yet being
Catholic, if he was "fundamentalist," he would follow the Pope and reject the
pro-choice position.

So if anti-intellectualism, machoism, and dogmatic closed minded evangelical
religion are great appeals to the American people, we will get what we
deserve.

Ted Moffett