[Vision2020] We Are All Liberals--Well, Almost All

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Thu Sep 23 22:52:21 PDT 2004

Nick et. al.

Thanks for this piece!

It offers an analysis of the word "liberal" that helps to defuse the button
pushing spin that so called "conservatives" use to stereotype politicians who
they wish to marginalize and denigrate by labeling them "liberals," as in,
"those tax and spend liberals" who are not with the program of modern global free
market capitalism based, so they say, on eliminating government regulation and
letting the magical free market achieve its' optimal maximizing of human
economic potential and motivation, ignoring the serious failures of unregulated
free markets, such as our Great Depression.

Ted Moffett