[Vision2020] Raising Interest Rates

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Sep 22 06:03:05 PDT 2004

Third Time's The Harm? Pesky Fed Raises Damn Interest Rates Again

Washington, DC - The U.S. Federal Reserve raised rates again this week
prompting readers to wonder, "Who the 'F' is this Greenspan dude, and why
the hell does he seem to have complete control over our economy just by
farting?" Every time we see that same exact picture of him in the news they
always use, we think, "shit! Alan Greenspan's looking worried, maybe we
should be worried too!" The Federal Open Market Committee, who's name never
ever comes up in a regular sentence, is now going to bench mark the federal
funds rate and influence credit costs throughout our economy those bastards!
The Fed also reported that inflation pressures have eased or not eased,
despite higher energy costs although the U.S. economy, which remained
balanced between weaker growth, and other incomprehensible information about
possible growing or growth despite outlying conditions we cannot possibly
understand that may or may not translate as a complete failure of the tax
cuts of the Bush Administration. Or maybe not. We guess since they keep
recycling that same Greenspan dude looking so worried picture, it must may
or may not be so.