[Vision2020] For the record: Blood Drive

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 17 16:07:47 PDT 2004

I think you make a strong case for what I was trying to say Ted.

It may not specifically say, "Blacks and Gays cannot give blood", but the
policies that the Red Cross uses when they collect donations
disproportionately eliminate Blacks and Gays, not because they have a
disease or virus, but because they have a common trait with many other Gays
and/or Blacks.

Would people be complaining if they eliminated people with brown eyes from
donating blood?People with brown eyes are more likely to have AIDS and
STD's. It is not discriminating against any race, color, creed, gender, or
sexual orientation. It would also have greater statistical significance then
eliminating people based on if they once visited Africa since 1977.

Take Care,

Donovan J Arnold