[Vision2020] Trail refuses to debate Solomon

Mark Solomon msolomon at moscow.com
Fri Sep 17 10:33:01 PDT 2004

For Immediate Release
All Media
September 17, 2004
Contact:	Mark Solomon (509) 330-0189	mobile

Trail refuses to debate Solomon

(Moscow)	Incumbent State Rep. Tom Trail (R) has refused an
invitation from challenger Mark Solomon (D) to participate in a
series of debates. Citing their common appearance before several
groups in all-candidate forums, Trail says he believes the public
will have enough information to make their election decisions and a
direct discussion with Solomon on issues important to the District is
superfluous.

The Solomon campaign issued the invitation to debate to offer voters
of the county an opportunity to participate in a more intensive
discussion of the difference between the two candidate's views than
can normally be found at the usual multi-candidate forums. Solomon
proposed three debates: one for rural county voters, one for Moscow
voters and one for University voters.

"If Tom Trail won't debate at home with a respected local Democrat,
how can we expect him to stand up to the ultra-conservative members
and leaders of his own party in Boise?" said Mark Solomon, Trail's
opponent in the District 6A race. "I'm proud of my record and proud
of my stands on issues that effect our District's economy, education
opportunities and environment and am not afraid to discuss them with
anyone, anywhere, anytime."
-30-