[Vision2020] Moscow Community Blood Drive

Saundra Lund sslund at adelphia.net
Thu Sep 16 13:03:54 PDT 2004

Thanks, Melynda, for the informative link *and* for the info about what I can do
to advocate for more epidemiologically sound donor guidelines.

On a personal note, I see that the minimum weight requirement of 110 pounds is
still in place.  For those who know me *now*, you might have a hard time
believing that was once an issue for me, but I recall the disappointment of
going to give blood and being rejected because I didn't weigh enough in my
mid-20s (a month after my daughter was born when I was 29, I still only weighed
115 pounds).

<sigh>  Given the struggle I've had over the past . . . few years losing weight
and keeping it (mostly) off, I regret that disappointment of 20 years ago.

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
-Edmund Burke