[Vision2020] Craig rider to exempt ag air pollution

Mark Solomon msolomon at moscow.com
Wed Sep 15 08:51:28 PDT 2004

Visionaries:

While we don't yet have any mega-dairies in Latah County, Senator
Craig's rider to exempt air pollution caused by agricultural
production from the Community Right To Know law is chilling to say
the least. We do have air pollution resulting from field burning, as
yet unreported under Right To Know (but should be in my opinion). If
you feel like I do that the public has an inherent right to know how
our "commons" - in this case the very air we breathe - is being
used/abused by polluters, read on. Rather than clutter mailboxes,
please contact me at msolomon at moscow.com and I will forward you the
referenced attachments. As Craig has seen fit to legislate this as a
rider on the EPA appropriation bill, it will move quickly and under
the cover of committee darkness. Contact info for Senator Craig
included in message below.

Mark Solomon
*********