[Vision2020] Speaking of spaying animals

Saundra Lund sslund at adelphia.net
Fri Sep 10 15:23:26 PDT 2004

Hi Kit,

I'm surprised the Humane Society didn't refer you to their affiliated Feral Cat
Solutions program:
http://community.palouse.net/FeralCatSolutions/index.html

Feral kittens can almost always be socialized to be placed for adoption -- two
of our kitties were rescued as feral kittens and have made wonderful family
members.  How old are the kittens?

Adult feral cats are a different matter, but many of them (particularly those
who've had homes at some point in their lives) can be successfully
(re)socialized -- I've known many absolutely wonderful former feral adults.

If you've not already been in contact with them, please give FCS a call --
perhaps they'll have useful suggestions.  If you can't find a solution for the
mother kitty, you might try contacting the Best Friends Network for suggestions:
bfnetwork at bestfriends.org

HTH,
Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID