[Vision2020] Massacre on the blue turf

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 8 14:14:28 PDT 2004

I watched the bulk of the Idaho-BSU game Saturday.  I think Scott Dredge is
right in predicting that the Broncos will beat Oregon State Friday night,
and I expect it will be by a couple of touchdowns or more.  It's hard to
admit it, but BSU is a legitimate top 25 team now.  I think Vandal fans
still have hope though, considering that Idaho started about a dozen true
freshmen.  Talk about trial by fire.  I like Nick Holt's "take off the rear
view mirror" and concentrate on the Utah State game approach.  I do have to
ask myself why a bunch of middle-aged men, myself included, (and a few
women, though most of the ones I know seem to have better priorities) plunge
themselves into a dark night of the soul when a bunch of 18 to 22 year olds
over whom we have no control lose a game involving moving a football up and
down a 100 yard field trying to put it into the end zone more than the other
group of 18 to 22 year olds.  Why do we do that?  Why will I continue to do
that?

                                                        Carl Westberg Jr.