[Vision2020] Let Freedom Reign

Don Coombs mushroom at moscow.com
Thu Sep 2 10:22:04 PDT 2004

Jim Meyer wrote:
>  Anyone watching the Republican convention also notice a telling freudian
> slip?
>
> The posters saying "Let Freedom Reign" might actually mean:
>
> Let George be our King, our Emperor, our Leader for Life.
>
> (Such is the meaning of the word "reign")
>
> Certainly that particular wording is a marketing mistake.

There are plenty of things to question about the
Republican National Convention, but the use of the word
"reign" cited above is perfectly proper. As any
dictionary would reveal, it means "Let freedom
predominate."

Nobody needs to tell me that that thought is in some
conflict with support of the Patriot Act.

Don Coombs