[Vision2020] Robert E. Lee and Moscow

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Sep 1 12:15:26 PDT 2004

I agree with you 100%, Carl.

In these tight-budgeted times the Moscow Chamber of Commerce should be
attempting to attract businesses and new families to the community.  Clean
streets, crime- and drug-free neighborhoods, opportunities for businesses
and families to live and grow, these are just a few of the things that are
integral in a decision to move (or not move) to Moscow, Idaho.

Could you imagine the impression given to a potentially new business or
family to Moscow if after hearing/reading about Aryan Nation parades in
Coeur d'Alene, they observe a portrait of Robert E. Lee and the Confederate
flag prominently displayed in the Moscow Chamber of Commerce?

This is NOT what I want in my neighborhood.

Yes.  Paul Kimmell has the right to lecture about Robert E. Lee and the
Confederacy in the privacy of his home or the confines of a private school,
NOT before the Moscow Chamber of Commerce.

My recommendation to Paul Kimmell:  Leave that portrait of Lee and the
Confederate flag where you found them, in Doug Wilson's office.  Maybe even
Wilson will catch a hint and take them with him (not to return) on his next
trip down south.

Until then . . .

Take care of yourselves and each other.

Tom Hansen
Not On The Palouse (or Monroe, Louisiana), Not Ever