[Vision2020] Bush and War with Iraq

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Sun Oct 31 10:13:16 PST 2004

Dick et. al.

The amazing fact is, there are die hard Bush supporters who will admit that
Bush and his administration "lied" about some of the reasons for going to war
in Iraq, yet they will still support him, believing the war in Iraq was still a
good idea for other reasons, and that it has made America safer.

I think one argument that might make some Bush supporters question their
loyalty is to make the case that the war in Iraq has actually increased support
for anti-American terrorism in the Islamic world, making America less safe.

However, what is revealing is how little the moods and opinions of the
Islamic world are given any attention by the presidential candidates, demonstrating
the insular, "we are the center of the world" attitude that is part of the
reason the US is so hated in many parts of the world.

I've argued with hard line militarists who want to solve the terrorism
problem with military force, and I pointed out we would need to bomb and/or invade
numerous countries with a total population of over a billion people to wipe out
all the Islamic world's recruiting for Al Quada style terrorism.

Better tighten your wallets, this could get expensive, though investment in
military sector stocks might help.

Ted Moffett