[Vision2020] News Release: Trail continues unauthorized use

Mark Solomon msolomon at moscow.com
Sun Oct 31 08:42:42 PST 2004

Immediate Release
All Media
October 31, 2004

Contact:	Mark Solomon	509.330.0189 (mobile)

Trail continues use of unauthorized quotes from citizens after asked to stop

(Moscow)	Three Moscow residents quoted by Tom Trail in
campaign ads and mailings say they were never contacted by the Trail
campaign and did not and do not authorize the use of their names or
words. Janet Fiske, Donovan Arnold and Dottie LeFors all say Trail is
using their names and words to deliberately misrepresent their
opinion of Trail's opponent Mark Solomon.

"I was not asked and did not give Trail permission to use my name or
out-of-context words. He has deliberately misrepresented my current
opinion of Mark Solomon," said Fiske, Arnold and LeFors.

Notified of the unauthorized use of Arnold's name and words, radio
station KCLX-FM pulled Trail's ads off the airwaves. Despite
notification to the Moscow-Pullman Daily News and the UI Argonaut by
Arnold and LeFors of the unauthorized use, Trail ads continue to run
with the misleading statements included. Trail continued the
unauthorized use in a campaign mailing sent to Moscow residents
October 29th.

"It is sad to see a man previously held in such high regard sink to
this low level of political discourse," said Mark Solomon. "We must
use every opportunity available to unite our community, not tear it
apart, if we are to prevail over interests in Boise that would
further weaken the UI, public education and our education-based
economy."
-30-