[Vision2020] And Yet More Bushisms

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Oct 27 06:46:38 PDT 2004

Although it may seem like the comments came straight out of his posterior,
below are some of my favorite Bushisms as quite naturally they expose his
hypocrisy. Nobody's better at pointing his own flaws than Dubya himself.
Don't let the door hit you on your way out...

"It'll be hard to articulate." - George W. Bush, anticipating how he'll feel
upon assuming the presidency, Jan. 2001

"It's amazing I won. I was running against peace, prosperity, and
incumbency."

"I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and
what I believe - I believe what I believe is right."

"It's my honor to speak to you as the leader of your country. And the great
thing about America is you don't have to listen unless you want to."

"We need to counter the shockwave of the evildoer by having individual rate
cuts accelerated and by thinking about tax rebates."

"The suicide bombings have increased. There's too many of them."

"A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about
it."

"For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings.
And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And
we're going to do something about it."

"There's no question that the minute I got elected, the storm clouds on the
horizon were getting nearly directly overhead."

"It is time to set aside the old partisan bickering and finger-pointing and
name-calling that comes from freeing parents to make different choices for
their children."

"My pan plays down an unprecedented amount of our national debt."

"You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy
test.''

"We're concerned about AIDS inside our White House - make no mistake about
it."

"Redefining the role of the United States from enablers to keep the peace to
enablers to keep the peace from peacekeepers is going to be an assignment."

"If he's - the inference is that somehow he thinks slavery is a - is a noble
institution I would - I would strongly reject that assumption - that John
Ashcroft is a open-minded, inclusive person."

"I think the American people - I hope the American - I don't think, let me -
I hope the American people trust me."

"I'm the commander - see, I don't need to explain - I do not need to explain
why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being president."

"We need an energy bill that encourages consumption."

"See, we love - we love freedom. That's what they didn't understand. They
hate things; we love things. They act out of hatred; we don't seek revenge,
we seek justice out of love."

"There may be some tough times here in America. But this country has gone
through tough times before, and we're going to do it again."

"The trial lawyers are very politically powerful. . But here in Texas we
took them on and got some good medical - medical malpractice."

"I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really talking
about peace."

"This foreign policy stuff is a little frustrating."

"I understand that the unrest in the Middle East creates unrest throughout
the region."

"There's nothing more deep than recognizing Israel's right to exist. That's
the most deep thought of all. ... I can't think of anything more deep than
that right."

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"

"I heard there's rumors on the Internets that we're going to have a draft."

"I'm not the expert on how the Iraqi people think, because I live in
America, where it's nice and safe and secure."

"I hope you leave here and walk out and say, 'What did he say?'"

"Let me put it to you bluntly. In a changing world, we want more people to
have control over your own life."

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop
thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do
we."

"I'm honored to shake the hand of a brave Iraqi citizen who had his hand cut
off by Saddam Hussein."

"My job is to, like, think beyond the immediate."

Take care,

Tom Hansen

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail.  But a true friend will be
sitting next to you saying, "Damn . . . that was fun!"