[Vision2020] Debates

DonaldH675 at aol.com DonaldH675 at aol.com
Fri Oct 22 09:49:14 PDT 2004

Visionaries:

Parents are blessed when they are fortunate enough to see their children take
a principled, public stand.  Reading Melynda's email this morning was one of
those moments for me.  Our family has friends in both political parties in
this town.  We welcome opposing points of view as examples of free speech and
intellectual liberty.  We are enriched when our own perspective is challenged
because it provides the opportunity to clarify our thoughts on a topic.

But, lets think beyond November 2.  On the morning of November 3 few voters
will give a rats ass about the MCA debate fiasco.  What they will remember is
the climate of pettiness that surrounds it.

I am proud to support Democratic candidates and the Democratic party.  I
have, however, always voted for the candidate, regardless of party, that I felt
would best serve the people of my community and state.  And in particular, I
supported candidates that were not the lackey's of the party to which they
belonged.

Lois Blackburn is a woman of integrity, and gracious dignity.
Unquestionably, Moscow is a far better place because of Lois Blackburn's commitment to civil
improvement, human rights, and community leadership.  Would that I could say
that about many of the candidates that are running.

When I feel strongly about an issue, or I think I have something worthwhile
to say, I'm not picky about the venue, who organizes it, or who is sitting in
the audience.  We are not called to speak to the "saved," but the "sinners."  I
am disappointed, very disappointed, in candidates who feel otherwise.

Rose Huskey

"One cannot level one's moral lance at every evil in the universe. There are
just too many of them. But you can do something, and the difference between
doing something and doing nothing is everything." Daniel Berrigan