[Vision2020] Burkett

Dan Carscallen predator75 at moscow.com
Tue Oct 19 11:21:30 PDT 2004

okay okay . . .

Semantics

DC

-----Original Message-----
From: Tbertruss at aol.com [mailto:Tbertruss at aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2004 11:15 AM
To: predator75 at moscow.com; vision2020 at moscow.com
Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Burkett

DC:

It seems you do not know what "hearsay" is!

hear.say
n.
Unverified information heard or received from another; rumor.
Law. Evidence based on the reports of others rather than the personal
knowledge of a witness and therefore generally not admissible as
testimony

What Peg Hamlet said may all be perfectly true, but her statements
regarding the mindsets of other people (not her own) are hearsay when
she posts them on V2020 and they are repeated by others.  I would need
to talk to Mr. Frink in person to know if Peg's version of his concerns
is accurate and complete.  Otherwise what Peg wrote about Mr. Frink is
just rumor, well, unless she has audio tapes of his statements, or
witnessed written documents.  If we wanted to find out about what Mr.
Frink knows or intends regarding a court case, we would need to question
him in person, if possible.

If you were to repeat what Peg just posted to V2020 about Mr. Frink's
state of mind on the stand in a court case if would be regarded as
hearsay.  I am assuming you have no direct knowledge of Mr. Frink from
any other source but Peg's statements.

Ted Moffett