[Vision2020] Moscow's new radio station:Hendrix/Dylan/Baez

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Mon Oct 18 22:50:30 PDT 2004

Tom:

Indeed, the lyrics you posted, from the song "All Along The Watchtower,"
which Jimi Hendrix recorded and released on his masterpiece, "Electric Ladyland,"
deserve thanks.  However, though Bob Dylan said Hendrix's version of this song
is better than his, the song IS by Bob Dylan.

Many of Dylan's songs are better done by other artists than by Dylan.  Joan
Baez does an especially fantastic job with Dylan's songs, and I recommend
highly the albums "Any Day Now" or "Baez Sings Dylan," though they have many of the
same songs in common, so pick one or the other, for an amazing song after
awesome song experience.  Baez gives her all in these interpretations of Dylan's
work.

"Any Day Now" has Baez's version of the song "Sad Eyed Lady of the Lowlands"
and "Baez Sings Dylan" does not, so maybe "Any Day Now" is the one to go for.

Rumor has it Dylan and Baez were lovers at one time.

How come I remember all this stuff with ease, yet I can't keep track of what
day of the week it is?

Is it OK to say "lovers?"  I mean just think of the images this might suggest
in the impure mind!

Ted Moffett