[Vision2020] Burkett??

Saundra Lund sslund at adelphia.net
Sat Oct 16 10:39:17 PDT 2004

Judge Hamlett is a Magistrate Judge.  I think they are originally appointed for
two years but then are on the ballet for retention every four years.

If there is a vote against retention, then I think the vacancy would be filled
by the District Magistrate Commission:
http://www.latah.id.us/Dept/Court_Main.htm

If anyone knows those behind the "No on Hamlett" campaign, you might want to let
them know that it might be helpful to their cause of they'd do some public
education  :-)

BTW, in the interest of fairness, I should disclose that Judge Hamlett married
my dh & me, so I tend to like him . . . well, most days, anyway ;-)

HTH,
Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.