[Vision2020] Chamber president: No audit needed

Saundra Lund sslund at adelphia.net
Sat Oct 16 07:15:56 PDT 2004

Hmmmm . . . with High Importance, no less, Dale Courtney writes:
"Kimmell exonerated..."

Facts (from Alexis Bacharach's article in Friday, 10/15/2004's Daily News):
"Moscow Chamber of Commerce President Janice . . . McMillan said accountants
from Hayden, Ross & Co. still are compiling information."
"So far, we've found nothing that suggests a full audit is necessary. We decided
to start with a review because they are less expensive."
"Accountants reviewed the chamber's finances from 2001 through the current
budget month and are preparing comments to accompany the review."
"We provided our auditors with all the financial information, and we will share
the results of the review as soon we have them."

Funny, I was at the Community Reception and I read the Daily News article, and
***NO WHERE*** did I see anything about anyone, Kimmell included, being
exonerated.

Mr. Courtney's funny little hat must be giving him "reception" the rest of us
don't have.  Gosh, it appears he's privy to information even the Chamber
President doesn't have!  ["We provided our auditors with all the financial
information, and we will share the results of the review as soon we have them."]
How could that be???

Personally, I'll wait until the review is completed & released before forming an
opinion.

Nice try, Mr. Courtney, but it didn't work for those of us who use our brains to
think critically.

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.