[Vision2020] Pyretown

Bill London london at moscow.com
Mon Oct 11 10:46:35 PDT 2004

John Dickinson
  Pyretown by John Belluso has completed its first week of shows and is preparing for a second week of performances. The play is a moving drama about the connections that we make with one another. The story follows a 22-year old paraplegic Harry (Andrew Varenhorst) who falls in love with a middle-aged single mother Louise (Isabella Whitfield).  The glaring flaws of our nation's health care system are revealed by the mother's desperate attempt to remedy her daughter's earaches. A pregnant HMO physician (Erin Palmer), who lost her job when the local hospital shut down, struggles between doing her job and doing what's right. The performers create a compelling, authentic drama, which contributes mightily to any wariness (even anger) we might be feeling about the future of profit-driven medicine in this country. The play has been very well received by audiences during the first week and given the ephemeral nature of live theatre I wanted to remind you that this play is continuing this week with performances at the Kenworthy Performing Arts Centre (508 S. Main St., Moscow, Idaho) on Wednesday, Oct 13, and Thursday, Oct 14 - both performances begin at 7:30 pm. The Oct 14 performance is a benefit to raise money to provide accessible restrooms in the Kenworthy Performing Arts Centre.

  I have also included more information about the play below. I hope that you will be able to inform others of this wonderful entertainment event.

  Thank you.

  John

  ---

  John Dickinson

  Sirius Idaho Theatre

  P.O. Box 8762
  Moscow, ID 83843
  www.siriusidahotheatre.com

  johnd at moscow.com

  208-301-4361

  ----------------------------------

  Sirius Idaho Theatre presents

  Pyretown

  -a new play by John Belluso

  Thursday and Friday, October 13, 14
  7:30 pm

  Directed by Pamela Palmer
  http://www.siriusidahotheatre.com/

  Love in the age of HMO's

  Sirius Idaho Theatre presents PYRETOWN, a new play by John Belluso, which continues tonight through October 14th. The story follows Harry, a 22-year old paraplegic, who falls in love with a middle-aged single mother, Louise.  The glaring flaws of our nation's health care system are revealed by the mother's desperate attempt to remedy her daughter's earaches. A pregnant HMO physician, who lost her job when the local hospital shut down, struggles between doing her job and doing what's right.

  Nightly performances this week begin at 7:30 pm on October 13 and 14. The performance on October 14th is a benefit performance with all ticket proceeds from the benefit helping fund an accessible public restroom.

  Sirius Idaho Theatre, a non-profit corporation with a founding board of directors that includes Pam Palmer, John Dickinson, and Andriette Pieron, offers thought-provoking and entertaining theatre to audiences throughout the Palouse.

  Cast-
  Erin Palmer as Dr. Rebecca Abbott, seven months pregnant, twenty-seven.
  Andrew Varenhorst as Harry Weston, a handsome young man; a paraplegic who uses a wheelchair, twenty-two.
  Isabella Whitfield as Louise "Lou" Josephson, a divorced mother with three kids, thirty-nine.

  **This play contains adult language**

  Tickets: $15 adults; $10 seniors/students.
  TicketsWest, www.ticketswest.com, 208-885-7212, 800-325-SEAT
  Tickets also available at BookPeople of Moscow and the KPAC box office one hour prior to each performance

  Special thanks to the following sponsors:
  October 6 - Paradise Creek Bicycles and BookPeople of Moscow
  October 7 - Moscow Emergency Physicians
  October 8 - Gritman Medical Center
  October 9 matinee - Gritman Adult Day Health
  October 9 - TerraGraphics Environmental Engineering and AmericanWest Bank
  October 13 - Appearances
  October 14 - Sirius Idaho Theatre

  For more information or to volunteer with Sirius Idaho Theatre, email John Dickinson <johnd at moscow.com> or Pam Palmer <ppalmer at moscow.com>

  Please send us your feedback on the play; we want to hear from you.

  http://www.siriusidahotheatre.com/