Fwd: [Vision2020] Re: PERSI REPORT

Debbie Gray dgray at uidaho.edu
Sat Oct 9 13:26:58 PDT 2004

If this were an employee covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act
or the Family Medical Leave Act, I don't see that it would be legal to
harass Mr. Trail for taking medical leave. Why is it justifiable just
because he is an elected official? What if he is dealing with health
issues within his family? That is still none of our business. And imagine
if he had ignored family related health issues to stay down in Boise,
wouldn't we be hearing all sorts of criticism about what kind of a person
would do that? I've had to take medical leave for my own health problems
and those of my family and I've heard plenty of people whine about how I
was basically just on vacation. My husband heard smarmy comments when he
took off time under the FMLA after both of our children were born. Do we
value families or not?

If you don't want to vote for him, DON'T, but bringing up his medical
business is unacceptable. And now I am waiting to see if Mark Solomon will
post his medical records for the past 15 years... =)

Debbie
>Donovan Arnold wrote:

1) Mr. Trail's health is his business. However, what is OUR business is if
Trail can go to Boise and represent us. It seems to me that Mr.Trail is
always gone. If he is in great health, why is he always handing his seat
to someone else? It makes no sense to me why he is in office if he not
going to vote or even go to Boise. I certainly have no problem with him
not making every vote, but three week leaves of absence at a time when he
doesn't have health problems seems a bit excessive to me.

Debbie

  Debbie Gray      dgray at uidaho.edu      http://www.uidaho.edu/~dgray/
  We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned, so as to
  have the life that is waiting for us." --Joseph Campbell