[Vision2020] George Bush's mystery bulge

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 8 14:00:42 PDT 2004

Ted,

Are you trying to suggest that should we be cursed with a second Bush term we can expect The Office of Faith Based Initiatives to morph into The Office of Faith Healing?  Hmm . . . could be the answer to the increasing numbers of uninsured.  Billy Graham, Benny Hinn, and Oral Roberts could travel round the country with mics in their ears, stool pigeons in the audience, and big slabs of cancerous-looking liver hidden in their pockets to produce when the sick, the lame, and the gullible come up on stage to faint and swoon.  It won't work -- nothing short of universal health care will work -- but never mind.  People might feel good for a day or two before they keel back over, and that's probably enough.

On the other hand, we could just cut to the chase and shoot the sick.  What's a bullet cost anyway, 67 cents?  Cheaper than importing drugs from Canada -- or, even worse, that single-payer health care system those sneaky Canooks enjoy.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
Hoping for a post in the new Department of Health, Human Services, and Snake Handling